Thursday, January 05, 2006

Meltdown!

I accidentally deleted my whole blogger template Tuesday! It is chilling indeed to gape a screen full of machine code where your blog used to be. I am so glad I had followed Clare Eats’s advice and backed up my template to a text file. Of course, I had not been updating my backup nearly often enough, so stuff is missing. If I used to link to you and do so no more it is not because I am in an unprovoked huff. Please drop me a comment to help me spackle up the virtual cracks.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad that my advice was helpful to you!

That makes me so happy that you don't have to completly rebuild your template :) *phew*

11:24 PM  
Blogger mzn said...

Happy to see that order has been restored. I was nervous for a while there (and nothing of mine is backed up, yikes!).

7:11 PM  
Blogger the chocolate doctor מרת שאקאלאד said...

Clare eats and mzn, Thanks for your kind words. "yikes" and "phew" pretty much sum it up.
Language, I had not realized Blogger was so edgy. I will not be thinking of moving for a while--at least not until a certain writing project is done. I will be interested in hearing what you recommend.
mzn, you've backed up your tamplate by now, right?

8:43 PM  
Blogger mzn said...

Yes, my template is now backed up. I'm embarrassed not to have thought to do it before.

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home