Thursday, September 29, 2005

Mulch of a mulchness


As I wrote below, I have become a fervent juice enthusiast, thanks largely to my lovely new juice machine. As much as I was enjoying the juice, I felt perfectly wretched about throwing away all the pulp. An informal survey revealed that most juicers are as clueless about pulp-disposal modalities as am I. I spoke to some folks who compost their own gardens, but my offers to contribute my own pulp met with polite but firm resistance.

So you can imagine how delighted I was to find that community gardeners are collecting all kinds of compost-worthy scraps almost right next door. Details about what to bring and where to bring it can be found at the New York City Compost Project . The Union Square Greenmarket has a compost drop-off station every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, usually somewhere along the north edge of the park. I bet there are analogous sites in other cities. I am so happy to be able to donate my pulp instead of throwing it out. I’m not kidding; I have just been skipping around all day.

Here’s a handy glossary of worm words:
You knew I’d have to find a way to fit in some compost lexicography

Diet of Worms

The Worm Woman site has worm videos, worm-zines, and just about any worm-related product for your worm-needs.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy W. said...

I should take a lot at some worm-zines. Now I'm curious

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home