Friday, April 09, 2010

Not Yet Tired of Matzo מצה איז מיר נאָך נישט נמאס

You will never in a million years guess what I did yesterday afternoon, so I am just going to tell you. I went out and bought a box of matzo. I still have many matzo projects I was not able to complete during peysekh. In past years, my feeling about matzo on the ninth day of peysekh have best been summed up by this charming movie by the very winning Michele Citrin:



This year, however, I am happy to benefit from your post-peysekh matzo-gmakh. Will be having shlisl matzo for shabes.
More matzo recipes to follow shortly.


5 Comments:

Blogger Lao Qiao said...

Matzo has a long half-life. You can save it for future occasions.

10:11 PM  
Blogger The Northernmost Jew said...

You can use it next Pesach. I don't think anyone knows how to tell whether or not matzo is stale.

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello--
I recently moved from Concord Village (you may remember me, I think--I last saw you on your bike on the Brooklyn Bridge), and I have some cookbooks that are dying for a new home.

If you would like them, please send me an email. One is that purple vegetarian cookbook you had not seen before.

(If you don't have my email address handy, it's my name--all one word--at earthlink.)

Be well.
MB

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! A friend of mine who is learning Yiddish in Ottawa from a colleague of yours has recommended your wonderful blog and you as a great person to consult. I and my other friend are currently trying to trace a rather elusive and obsolete Jewish recipe - pickled lettuce called 'salata' (sorry, I can't spell in Yiddish). We've went through dozens and dozens of Jewish cookbooks but no luck. Have you perhaps ever tasted it or may be at least heard/read of it? Many thanks for your help. Sasha Grigorieva ag2704@yahoo.ca

10:06 PM  
Blogger Irene Saiger said...

I just discovered this wonderful blog! My parents spoke Yiddish and I still love hearing it and seeing it used.

Thank you!
Irene


http://bamitbach.wordpress.com/

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home