Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Hot Chocolate Takes Away the Pain

This is what it's been like, folks:

Every five minutes I think to myself:
--Heavens, it must be nearly five minutes since I looked at the computer.
And then I look at the computer and
--Argh! No computer!
And then five minutes later I do the whole thing again. It's like that episode where Homer repeatedly electrocutes himself while trying to fix the cable or something.

Here's what helps:

Hot Chocolate

2 cups milk
1 ounce bittersweet chocolate
1 teaspoon brown sugar
pinch salt
1/2 teaspoon bourbon vanilla extract

Warm the milk, chocolate, brown sugar, and salt in a small saucepan, stirring more or less constantly, until the milk is hot and the chocolate melted. Pour the hot chocolate into a mug and add the vanilla. At this point I also add a bit of cold milk or cream.

And really, everything is fine. Thanks to Mr. Chocolate Lady, Mine-Freyde, and Marian the Librarian, who helped enormously.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ilva said...

Don't I know that feeling?? So frustrating!

8:28 AM  
Blogger the chocolate doctor מרת שאקאלאד said...

thanks ilva,

Sympathy definitely helps.

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home