Sunday, November 04, 2007

Flat-Bottomed Whisk

The preparation of this vanilla pudding I made last week, and of the sauce Mornay for the purple potato gnocchi I am making this week were both rendered much easier that they have been in the past by my nifty little flat-bottomed spiral whisk. It leaves no corner unstirred. And I am not unaware that the season for hot cocoa and hot chocolate is right around the corner, am I now? I got mine at The Peppermill on 16th Avenue in Boro Park; they will dunk it for you right there in the store, if you like.
The Peppermill
5015 16th Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11204

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could you enlarge on the difference between hot cocoa and hot chocolate? This is one of those issues I have never satisfactorily understood.

6:42 PM  
Blogger the chocolate doctor מרת שאקאלאד said...

nomi,
Of course, darling. Hot chocolate is made with chocolate, and hot cocoa is made with cocoa. If you make a hot drink with both chocolate and cocoa, that is hot chocolate, and if you call hot cocoa "hot chocolate," that is really just fine, and you'll get no argument from me. You cannot, however, call hot chocolate "hot cocoa."
Here's my
hot chocolate recipe

This Post contains Mary McCarthy's Aunt Eva's recipe for
Venus Nectar
I seem not to have posted a hot cocoa recipe yet, but I will put it in the pipe.

I see now that the hot chocolate post particularly thanks you and Mine-Freyde for rescuing me at an especially terrifying time.

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home