Friday, July 18, 2008

Oh, Lordy


Look what they did to my poor innocent bicycle!

I am several hours behind schedule today because my bicycle got badly mangled in a failed robbery attempt. I am glad it was not worse. You know what I cannot believe? They stole the little rubber grippy things on my handlebars. Of what possible use could that be to anybody?

Fortunately, I had securely locked up according to the principles delineated by Hal in this video, and they could not get the frame or wheels, so I am considering myself lucky.

After rolling, dragging, and carrying the carcass to Bicycle Habitat, I was artistically smeared with some interesting black grease. They gave me some abrasive green Pro-Soap to clean up, and miraculously made my bicycle go again. I love you guys!

I wonder if there is a Yiddish word for those little rubber grippy things, or an English one, for that matter.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad our Streetfilm could help rescue your bike in some small way!

10:24 PM  
Blogger the chocolate doctor מרת שאקאלאד said...

Thanks Clarence,

It is delightful!

11:10 PM  
Blogger Miriam Segura-Harrison said...

what a shondeh.
the grippy things????
perhaps these were the same thugs who made off with your flower....

8:28 AM  
Blogger jilcov said...

Look what they did to my poor innocent bicycle!I am several hours behind schedule today because my bicycle got badly mangled in a failed robbery attempt

6:22 PM  
Blogger Sarah R said...

That is so awful... trying to steal someone's transportation! I'm glad you managed to salvage your bike though, and that you had the wonderful people there to help you!

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home