Sunday, September 23, 2012

Jews Welcome Coffee

I just ordered a copy of Jews Welcome Coffee by Robert Liberles, and anticipate I will enjoy reading the book as much as I enjoyed reading the title.  I hope to be reporting here shortly.

I am heartsick to learn that Robert Liberles did not live to see the book in print.  He was a person of rare decency and quiet kindness who illuminated every room he entered. May his memory be for a blessing, and may his soul be bound up in the eternal bond of life.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Amy W. said...

Is Kopi-Luwak coffee kosher?

3:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robert Liss wrote a good historical novel about Sephardim and the revolutionary aspect of coffee for them in Amsterdam in the mid-17th century. Called "The Coffee Trader"

9:09 AM  
Blogger Lao Qiao said...

Since my parents never drank black coffee, they only had tea after flayshik meals.

9:54 PM  
Blogger the chocolate doctor מרת שאקאלאד said...

Amy,
The short answer seems to be yes, if it is ever permissible to spend a hundred dollars for a cup of coffee.

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home