Friday, July 25, 2008

Dragon's Langerie Beans

Pretty snazzy eh? These heirloom beans are sweet and flavorful raw, and will lose their distinctive striations when cooked, but I still prefer cooked beans. On Sunday I will be preparing a recipe, possibly involving these beans, from What Did You Eat in loving memory of Sher,
whose remarkable work and generous spirit will continue to be an inspiration to me as long as I cook, write, and eat.

ETA: OK, Here's what I did. I cooked them in boiling salted water for eight minutes along with two large garlic cloves (and subsequently used the bean-water for pasta, ans then the bean-pasta water for sesame sauce for the pasta. When the beans and garlic cooled I sliced the beans, diced the garlic, minced half a bunch of curly-leaf parsley from Monkshood farm, and drizzled everything with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Salt to taste. Stripey they are not, but delicious and life-giving they are, this bean I had never seen. Have you sen these, Sweetnicks??We waited for shabes to indulge in these delicious tender beans so we could make a shehekheyonu. It truly is a remarkable this when life allows you to taste a new type of bean. Submit to the wonder.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Kalyn Denny said...

I still cannot really believe she is gone. I'm thinking she would love those beans!

11:03 PM  
Blogger the chocolate doctor מרת שאקאלאד said...

kalyn,

I know what you mean! We can remember her whenever we come across something like this.

12:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought all post were in that language which i do not know.. thanks some are not.. :-)

because
I am trying my best to learn how to cook (decent meals :-) thanks for sharing your ideas. Busby SEO challenge

KabonFootPrint

9:17 AM  
Anonymous tayomismo said...

I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.

5:29 AM  
Anonymous sikat ang pinoy said...

I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. SIKAT ANG PINOY

4:31 AM  
Anonymous Polaris ATV parts said...

i like this blog!thank u!!

5:43 AM  
Anonymous Jobs said...

This is one of the best blog, I have ever read till now. Everything here is explain in a very simple and beautiful words. I am really satisfied with your blog post. Thanks a lot for such a nice blog!!

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home