Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Pistachio Sauce

I have been getting excited about making all kinds of nut-sauces since it has been getting cold. A few weeks ago I made a pistachio sauce for spaghetti. As I recall, all I did was toast a cup of shelled pistachios and then grind them up in the processor with two tablespoons of butter. Add some of the pasta-cooking water, and salt and pepper to taste. I don’t even know if people should be allowed to get away with making something this easy.
Nicole has a more sophisticated pistachio sauce here, and I will be trying it soon, but it will require two hands. So far I have added cream to the pistachio paste, and that is a wonderful idea.
Food and Drink, Recipes, Cooking, Food, Vegetarian, vegan, vegetables, antioxidant-rich foods, yu choi, pistachio sauce, one-handed cookery

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link to Pinch My Salt! Have you tried any sauces made with almonds? I've tried so many good pasta dishes with almonds here and keep meaning to do some experimenting at home. So many things to try, so little time!

2:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home