Friday, May 25, 2007

Cucumber Salad with Cilantro

These sweet, juicy, and very crisp cucumbers from Yuno's Farm are in the market this week. You can put them in this salad, or make cucumber sandwiches (ideally with salt-rising bread). When I have extra cilantro around, I make this alternate salad.

Cucumber Salad with Cilantro

4 large cucumbers, or six or seven kirbies

olive oil

apple cider vinegar

kosher salt

cilantro, minced (about 12 sprigs, or whatever you need to use up)

Peel the cucumbers, or don't. Slice them into quarters longitudinally, and slice the quarters into chunks about 1/3 of an inch thick. Put the cucumbers in a bowl and toss them with oil, vinegar, salt and cilantro.

Have a look at a roundup of Weekend Herb Blogging, to be found this week at Kitchen Wench.
, , , , , , , , , ,

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just bought a bunch of cucumbers at the market and just happen to have some cilantro on hand, also! I've never tried the two together but I'm sure I'll love it! Thanks for the great idea!

5:34 PM  
Blogger Kalyn Denny said...

I love this type of thin, very crisp cucumber. And of course, cucumbers with cilantro are a perfect combo in my mind!

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! I'm so jealous of those super fresh cucumbers! What a delightful looking salad :)

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

writing to thank you for Chala dino recipe, have baked one and found it easy to follow your clear instructions - and viola - it really worked. My little granson loved it. thank you thank you thank you

7:00 AM  
Blogger the chocolate doctor מרת שאקאלאד said...

nicole and yaffa,
thanks so much! I am always so thrilled when folks try my recipes. This blogging thing really works!

kalyn and ellie,
these are some delectable cucumbers. hope you find the same.

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home