Thursday, May 11, 2006

Midweek Marketing

For Harmonia's Midweek shopping list:

What the chocolate lady is contributing this week:

A bunch of asparagus from Maxwell farm,Spring onions from Yuno farm: These are not leeks or scallions; they are the immature bulbs of actual onions, a preferred ingredient for La Vignarola, about which details to follow,

A bunch of asparagus from Race Farm, because I could not bear to let them feel left out,
some sweet chunchy cucumbers from Yuno farm,
a bunch of red-stem spinach (I've seen all kinds of red "greens," but never spinach until today. Is this gorgeous? It is very sweet and delicious. I will try to make some Sephardic spinach--which we call Sephardic Sephinach-- for Mothers' Day),

teenage collard greens (bigger than baby greens) from Maxwell farm.

, ,
, , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Kalyn Denny said...

What a bunch of gorgeous looking produce. You must have a fantastic market there. The ones in Utah aren't open yet.

11:04 PM  
Blogger mzn said...

Indeed. The ones in Wisconsin are just waking up after hibernation.

11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Likewise Pittsburgh. Your stuff is bee-oot-iful.
In June my CSA Farmbox will begin with the early season lettuce onslaught. I'm bracing myself for the annual race against lettuce-wilt, during which I do everything but french-fry it.

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, those veggies looked so wonderful, especially the asparagus and the spinach. I really prefer that type to the usual stuff you see in the store.

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This all looks nice and fresh! So, how was the Sephardic Sephinach?

Paz ;-)

8:00 PM  
Blogger Harmonia said...

Hi! The MwM looks great! Very green! I love it! Also anyway you would like to do MwM is fine by me! I just love looking at everyone's list! Very nice!!!

9:04 AM  
Blogger the chocolate doctor מרת שאקאלאד said...

Thank you so much kalyn, mzn, lindy, sher, paz and harmonia,

It is a wonderful time of year. I guess some of these wonderful greens must have started in greenhouses to be ready now. You should SEE the stuff out here in California--I Can't wait to upload my pictures--and I hope I remember what everything is!

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home