Sunday, May 21, 2006

G'day, Methi

Methi Leaves. Image from The Cook's Thesaurus.
Remember that mystery vegetable with the small oval leaves from last week? Indira has come to the rescue once again. The plant I saw in San Francisco is methi, or menthi, or fresh fenugreek. Can't wait to try this one. Among the wonderful blogs into which I chanced while searching for this herb are Salt and Pepper, Kitchenmate, Cooking Medley,and Food in the Main. Thanks, folks! There is so much talent out there. I am at once delighted and intimidated.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kalyn Denny said...

A number of people have written about this for WHB, including Barbara of Tigers and Strawberries. No idea when though.

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is one flavorful green leaf vegetable, that we often use to prepare dals and curries. Tastes really great, give it a try Chocolate Lady.

Foreign cuisine and ingredients, not knowing what to do with them, sometimes it's really intimidating, I know the feeling.:)
Thank God for the food bloggers!

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what did you make out of methi?

6:27 PM  
Blogger the chocolate doctor מרת שאקאלאד said...

Kalyn, I will check the WHB archives; thanks!

Indira, I will definitely give it a try, and I could not agree more about food bloggers! I find myself thankful every day.

Gini, so far, just a photograph--but stay tuned!

1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home