Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Fresh Produce by J. J. Sempé

Fresh Produce by J. J. Sempé

Wow, do I love this week’s startlingly humane NYer cover by J. J. Sempé. There’s a cook. He’s on a bicycle. He has vegetables. Our guy may be about to begin a day of sweaty soul-shredding labor, but he has a few blessed moments of quietude riding back with the vegetables.

Simple Physics by J. J. Sempé

This one of a physicist cooking an egg also bakes my potatoes. It even looks a little like my apartment. I love how our guy keeps the chaos of his work area separate from the sheltering and welcoming tidiness of his kitchen. Oh, those little salt and pepper shakers! I just can’t type another word! I have to go eat something. There. That’s better.

Have a look at Asymptotia’s interesting post (and comments) for some physicists’ take on this picture.



Anonymous cvj said...

Great post and blog! Thanks for the link. Hey, you like cycling through the city with newly bought market vegetables too! Excellent. See here.


3:55 PM  
Blogger zp said...

I like that both of these covers evoke the rare pleasures of cooking for one. Oneself.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home