Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Fresh Produce by J. J. Sempé

Fresh Produce by J. J. Sempé

Wow, do I love this week’s startlingly humane NYer cover by J. J. Sempé. There’s a cook. He’s on a bicycle. He has vegetables. Our guy may be about to begin a day of sweaty soul-shredding labor, but he has a few blessed moments of quietude riding back with the vegetables.


Simple Physics by J. J. Sempé

This one of a physicist cooking an egg also bakes my potatoes. It even looks a little like my apartment. I love how our guy keeps the chaos of his work area separate from the sheltering and welcoming tidiness of his kitchen. Oh, those little salt and pepper shakers! I just can’t type another word! I have to go eat something. There. That’s better.


Have a look at Asymptotia’s interesting post (and comments) for some physicists’ take on this picture.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post and blog! Thanks for the link. Hey, you like cycling through the city with newly bought market vegetables too! Excellent. See here.


-cvj

3:55 PM  
Blogger zoe p. said...

I like that both of these covers evoke the rare pleasures of cooking for one. Oneself.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home