Monday, March 28, 2011

Buns

I am beside myself about these delicious buns. I followed Marion Cunningham's recipe from The Fannie Farmer Baking Book, but instead of making sixteen large buns, I made twelve large buns and nine little bunelekh for vegetarian sliders (sliders are tiny little hamburgers. We love tiny food). I want to endorse this recipe, which yields up a nicely soft yet densely-crumbed bun that will act as an ideal delivery system for the vegetable burger and condiments of your choice, but I must own that it is milkhik as the day is long, and buns are a particularly problematic category since they are not just a bread that might be eaten with meat, but a bread whose entire reason for existence is to be eaten with meat, so really, I have no idea what to tell you. I will just be making sure that none leave the premises unconsumed.

I have also just made my first batch of homemade seitan, about which more later (yes, I am using up lots of flour). I am hoping to be able to make some kind of burger-like entity with the seitan. Has anyone done this?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Lao Qiao said...

One needs bunelekh to eat one's sliderlekh.

5:26 PM  
Blogger the chocolate doctor מרת שאקאלאד said...

San Lao Qiao,

I tend to agree. If, however, one is on the South Beach Diet, one could eat one's sliderl wrapped in a lettuce leafele

5:34 PM  
Anonymous usi pvc preturi said...

It looks good, and i`m sure that are delicious.

8:38 AM  
Anonymous decorative said...

it looks so yummy .. thanks for the post

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home